Award winning photographer, multimedia producer & editor
Based in San Francisco Bay Area, California
Life is fleeting but photographs last. Photographs even have the power to tell a whole story of life. With his brother’s borrowed camera, Mohammad began his quest to tell stories.
His story as a photographer began when he was 14, and he started to work for local newspapers. He sold his flute and bought a camera. After a few years of working hard, he became a photographer for BBC Worldwide Service and then for United Press International. Working with these news agencies was a start for him to know the western culture better, and now he is part of that culture.
Mohammad says: “I believe photographs are not just a small part of me, they actually form my life, and by looking at this photos you are walking through my life, seeing through my eyes. If only one of my photos can stay in your memory, I have reached my goal. When a photograph lingers, remains, or is memorized, then real change can happen in the stories of our lives. That is my goal.”
- Best student photographer of the year (PDNedu) – 2012
- First prize of American Dream video contest – National Disability Institute (NDI) – 2011
- First prize of Red Wheelbarrow contest – De Anza college – 2011
- Second prize & honorable mention – Spirit of Giving contest, Stanford University – 2010
- Iran’s best documentary photographer – Image of The Year Publication – 2008
- Award of excellence from Missouri School of Journalism (Picture of The Year) – 2007
Exhibits & Lectures
- Guest lecturer at College of San Mateo – California 2011
- Photo Exhibition of Forgotten Colors – Sunnyvale Public Library, California 2010
- Photo Exhibition at University of Putra – Malaysia 2009
- Photo Exhibition of 30 Years of Iranian Photography, Monnaie de Paris, France 2009
- Guest lecturer – Faculty of Social Sciences, Tehran University, Iran 2009
- Manager of a week long workshop for Iranian photographers, Tehran 2008
- Photo Exhibition of Difficulties of Being a Woman in Iran, Oldenburg, Germany 2007
- Photo Exhibition of Just For Foreign Policy, New York, NY 2005
Exile: A photo book featuring Iran, India, Afghanistan, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, France, Italy, Germany, and the U.S.
Self published – 2012 – ISBN: 978-0-9857770-1-2